Sunday, October 30, 2011

For "Mr. Martin"

I was 19 when I met my husband. “Pledgee Laurie Krupa wishes Mr. Martin a very fine good day Sir” then I had to click my heels three times.
Fred was so handsome. He was student teaching at the time and I remember well he was wearing a three-piece suit. He was very kind and even though I was standing there in a purple beanie a buckskin coat (It was the 60’s) and two different color converse shoes he didn’t laugh at me. He signed my Pledge Book and helped me get his fraternity brothers signatures too.

Today is a day of reflection. It is our 40th wedding anniversary. It is Fred’s birthday too. We are apart because of family priorities so we have put our celebration on hold.

Anyone who knows us can attest we celebrate our marriage everyday. I married Fred because I knew he would keep me safe, he would never hurt me and he would make me his priority. He has never let me down.
He is the one constant in my life. He is my knight in shining armor, my love.

Thank you for these past forty years. I am looking to our future as we continue to celebrate our sacrament each and every day. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment